[SEDXC] [sedxc] Funny band conditions this morning

k4hb k4hb at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 16:18:24 EDT 2013

I don't know about EP3SMH's return QSL habits, and don't know how secure their postal system is. There's many comments on the cluster about him wanting too much for a QSL card. He once had on his QRZed page to
send $10, now he wants $9 + an IRC. According to the information on the
official Iranian postage site and the current exchange rate, $10 will
only cover surface mail to the US. To send airmail would require $13.
Their rates are listed here, and the link to their postage page is
provided. http://www.k4hb.com/postage.html

I've discussed this with EP3SMH and asked why the postage is so high. Can't say what his exact reply was without turning this into a political discussion. Let's just say that politics seem to play a role. I'm glad I don't need EP for an ATNO. I've worked him on another band, but I'll just wait and hope one day he gets a manager or uploads to LoTW.

According
 to cluster spots, EP3SMH appears to be
 Iran's most active ham on HF. I'm sure many would be happy if he got a
manager or got on LoTW, but of course that's his choice. I searched to
find Iranian ops
 with mangers or those who upload to LoTW, and it's slim pickings.
Things thin out even more when searching the last time they were
spotted. Found only one who uploads to LoTW, and two with managers who
have been spotted this year. I'm aware that not being spotted doesn't
necessarily mean a station wasn't on the air.

EP3MJ via IK2DUW  Last spotted Jan 2013
EP3PK via IK2DUW (LoTW) Last spotted Jan 2013
EP4HR via I2MQP  Last spotted  Apr 2010
EP4SP via OK1DOT  Last spotted Feb  2011
EP4RF via eQSL Only. Last spotted April 9, 2013

73, Hal K4HB

http://www.k4hb.com

http://www.Hi-TechRedneck.com

http://www.k4hb.com/postage.html