[SEDXC] [sedxc] Re: DXpeditions -- Ride in First Class, good idea or bad one?

iam4rb at aol.com iam4rb at aol.com
Fri Jan 4 13:44:48 EST 2013

My guess is the fellow's idea stemmed from the need to help fund DXpeditions, and not to provide priority QSOs for the privileged few - regardless, this would not only add to the chaos in the pileups, but could even make them hostile - or maybe more hostile :-).

Many of these DXpeditions run financially in the red and need support.  I hear too many hams complain about the DXpedition that dose not post on LOTW and also having the audacity to ask for a donation over and above the 2 green stamps to the QSL manager.  I feel the DXpeditions are too lax on this matter and should require these nominal contributions for a card - these hams have given up weeks of their lives, mega $$, to provide other amateurs with a special QSO (and probably given them a lot of enjoyment chasing it).  This would be a small price to pay for one of the most exciting aspects of the hobby - or obsessions :-).

Just my 2 cents.

73 es gud dx

John N4TOL

P.S.  - I didn't know there were any Italian stations that ran 100 watts.