[SEDXC] Contest Dinner, Orlando, FL, Feb 8

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Jan 10 11:44:42 EST 2013

KU8E and I are planning to attend this Contest Dinner and hope others
will be able to do so too.  It should be a grand occasion.  The
announcement appears below.  73, John, K4BAI.

Gentlemen and Ladies,

It's my pleasure to announce the speaker for the 2013 Orlando Contest
Dinner, sponsored by Yaesu! This year's speaker will be contester
extraordinaire K5ZD, incumbent director of the CQWW DX and CQ WPX contests,
multi-time winner of CQWW, CQWPX, ARRL DX, and ARRL Sweepstakes, four-time
WRTC participant, past editor of NCJ, the National Contest Journal, and CQ
Contest Hall of Fame Member.

Randy will be joining us to speak about directing and operating in the
biggest DX contests on the calendar, his participation in past WRTCs, his
role in planning of WRTC 2014, and whatever else strikes his fancy.

As in past years, we will also be drawing tickets for a number of fabulous
prizes, and we're pleased to announce that K7BV and Yaesu are again
providing a brand new FT-950 HF + 6M radio as the grand prize for the
dinner. Tickets are again $20 per person, and include dinner, free 807s,
and a chance to win a brand new radio!

To purchase your ticket, send $20 (cash or check) per person to K4LQ at
3437 Lake Josephine Drive, Lake Placid, FL 33852 or send $21 per person via
PayPal to blake at n4gi.com. Please note with your submission the callsign(s)
for whom you are purchasing tickets. Tickets are not available at the door,
and the deadline to purchase tickets is February 2.

 >From the hamfest, follow http:\\tinyurl.com\FCGDirections to navigate to
the American Legion Hall at 2101 Lee Road in Orlando. Doors open at 6pm on
February 8 for socializing and free beer; dinner is served at 6:30 and
Randy will speak at 7pm.

After Randy's address, we will have the run of the room (and free beer will
continue) until 10pm. Come to Orlando for the first day of the Orlando
Hamcation, grab a great dinner, hobnob with fellow club members and
visitors from out of town, and start the Orlando Hamfest weekend right!

Any questions or clarification, please contact me. Otherwise, I'll see you
all at the Orlando Contest Dinner on February 8!

73,
Chris wf3c

--
Chris Plumblee