[SEDXC] [sedxc] Some tips for computer-to-rig interfacing

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Mar 4 15:30:40 EST 2013

Other that the silly "Modern" (tablet style) interface, Windows 8
seems to be basically Window 7 under the hood.  All of the amateur
software I've tried runs the same with Windows 7 or Windows 8.

If you can't handle the "Modern" interface of Windows 8, search Google
for "Classic Shell" (freeware) that restores the Start Menu, disables
the hot corners and allows booting directly to the desktop.

With Classic Shell I'm becoming more comfortable with the Windows 8
laptop I had to get when the display went out on my old laptop.  In
fact, I no longer have anything other than Windows 7/8 in both the
office and shack.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV