[SEDXC] T33 why so weak

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Mon Nov 11 19:16:05 EST 2013

I have also noted the T33 is not as loud as the K9 on all bands.  The K9W is usually strong on all bands.

I think the S2 group will do good if they give us an occasional break as EU will eat our lunch.  VU7 Laccadive is start the day after the S2 group starts do should be some fun.  I need them on 10 and 12.  I talked with Krish, W4VKU,  who is heading up the VU7L trip and sounds like they have some good equipment and plans well laid out..

The flux is moving back up again so hopefully it will be high during the S2/VU7L trip.  Also XW is going to be active around the same time.  Good Hunting..

From: David Thompson
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 5:58 PM
To: sedxc at contesting.com ; sedxc at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SEDXC] T33 why so weak

I listened to T33A on 28458 and on 21290 but in both cases the signal was in
and out.  I don't need
but with son spots so high why so weak?   On 21290 absolutely NIL to S1 and
on 28458  NIL ro S3.
I tried both short and long path but here the short path was best.  I
decided that being barefoot there was no sense me calling.  Probably not
true but a W2 in New Jersey siad they were good copy and I noticed that on
15 he was being called by W9's.  ON 28458 signals peaked at 2200 and about
2230 on 21290.   I finally heard a complete call sign when K4DLI worked them
on 21290 (up 10).

I hope the S2 is better as I need S2 on 12 meters.

Dave K4JRB