[SEDXC] Opinions on Palstar HF-AUTO wanted - RESULTS

Don Nesbitt n4hh at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 15:40:51 EDT 2013

Just in case you are wondering about the "results" of this totally unscientific poll, here is a synopsis.

First, thanks to those responding.  In a nutshell, I had 5 respondents who either currently owned, formerly owned or had actual experience using someone else's HF-AUTO.  Of course there were a number of "kibitzers" - hey, that's to be expected -- after-all, we are hams and don't seem to hold back when it comes to talking or offering opinions ;-)  It's kind of like asking two (2) people about the "best" Italian restaurant, do so and you'll get at least three (3) answers!

4 of the 5 respondents were very positive about the HF-AUTO.  It performed well in most cases and met their needs.
1 of the 5 respondents indicated that the unit did not meet their needs and had experienced catastrophic failure.

None of the respondents indicated that they used the unit in a "remote" application and indeed some correspondence with Palstar indicated that remote use of the HF-AUTO was not tested nor was it recommended due to lack of control lines.

Most reports on eHam are quite positive.

I'm working with a group that is considering purchasing the HF-AUTO and was asked see what others had to say about it.  Thanks for your opinions -- '73 es gud dxing -- Don N4HH