[SEDXC] C82DX and band notes

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Mon Oct 21 19:34:30 EDT 2013

I worked them (C82) 80-10 but had to really dig to get them on most bands as their signals have been extremely weak here for me.  They have been the strongest on Long Path both 20 and 17 M.  Have not bothered to go to the farm to try them on 160 as very few have made the grade.  Thank goodness don’t need it on that band.  They are taking the low band antennas down Wed morning their sunrise which is our Tuesday night around 10:10 PM Local time here... (02:10 GMT).  They will continue on some on the higher bands during the day on Wed but have to be packed completely to leave on Thursday.
They have a great website if you have not already looked.
10/12/15 have been excellent recently.  At and right after sundown lot of Japan, Korea, China and other Asia.  Listening to a large JA pileup on 12 M now at 7:30 PM. T88EC very strong an hour ago on 12 M CW..  On 10 M HL2DC and  DS2USB strong now at 22:30 GMT  UA0 and DU3 also 10 CW.  Lots of JA
From: David Thompson
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 3:22 PM
To: sedxc at contesting.com ; sedxc at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SEDXC] C82DX and band notes

Have not spent much time looking for C82DX.  Best signals seem to be on 20
and 10.  I worked them on 10 SSB barefoot.  Disappointing as the 12 meter
SSB signal was ESP or less.  I got there just before 1800Z today and heard
8,9. and 0's working them and then even 6's but for the most part there was
no signal.  I heard KD4POJ in ND working them and I even heard his call
sign.  ON peaks I could hear C82DX but then nothing.  I heard an EA8 YL work
them and after that nothing.  12 is the only band I need them on except 160.
Not enough signal to call them and waste their time.

Last night I listened for them on 40 SSB and they moved frequency 3 times
(7083. 7085.5, and 7087) and on the first two frequencies XE's were
ragchewing but the signal was weak but readable at S3 on 7087 until a YY5
came on frequency.  40 was not great to Africa as 9L1DT was S7 on 7141 and
FR4NT was S8 on 7190.  Loudest signal was EA8AK calling them on 7155.  I
worked Frosty on 2 of his C9 DXpeditions on 40 so did not need.

Strange but Eu has been loud on 40 to 10 and 7X in North Africa was S8 to 9
on 10, 17, and 20. On 10 John ON4UN called CQ on their transmit frequency
and moved saying he heard nothing. Only ZS signals were decent from mainland
AF from the bands.  Two nites ago ZS3D was 10 over on 40 at 0300Z.

They were S3 to 4 on 21.080 RTTY at 1900Z on Oct 21st.  There were two 3B9's
on 15 CW over the weekend.  A 3B9 portable at 569 and Robert 3B9FR at 599.
Hope Val N4RJ has cornered 3B9 on 15 as they have been active.

73 Dave K4JRB