[SEDXC] Important Contest this weekend - IARU HF

Jim Stafford w4qo at amsat.org
Fri Jul 11 12:34:19 EDT 2014

http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/weeklycont.php#5425

Runs 24 hours from 8AM EDT Saturday until 8AM EDT Sunday.

That link gives you the short story but there is a link on their for the
full rules.
There is a QRP category - PHONE, CW or MIXED.

_/*Why is it important?*/_

Well, "every 4 years" the World Radio Team Championships are held
in parallel with this contest!

Full details at: http://www.wrtc2014.org/

Short take: 59 teams from 29 qualifying regions compete for best
score, etc.   All use identical station setups/antennas/etc.
Your exchange for GA is 5908 or 5NN08 (PH and CW).
We do not know which callsign is assigned to which country team but here
is a list of the callsigns being used:

http://www.wrtc2014.org/competition-callsigns/

There is even a check list of stations vs bands.  See if you can work'em
all.
The base of operation - USA in New England so propagation should be great!
If you work'em all; for awards, see:
http://www.wrtc2014.org/competition/participation-awards/

Now for some awards, you have to send in an entry but some you qualify
for through LoTW.

This comes to USA soil only about once every 2 decades so this is a
great chance to have fun.
The President of the team that runs this event is Doug Grant, K1DG, who
spoke on this
subject at HamJam2012.  hamjam.info   Sidebar: Mark your calendar for
2014: Nov. 8

Oh.... you can also work the actual IARU contest and work stations from
all over too.

See you in the pileups and if anyone wants to come by W4QO and have some
fun with
either my call or your call, call me at 404.281.8185

jim/w4qo