[SEDXC] Setting those MFJ dual clocks

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed May 7 13:51:40 EDT 2014

I have a new MFJ dual clock that only requires one control to set hour and
minutes.  I have two of the older clocks that require holding down the
center and setting the time.  I don't care about the local clock just so its
close but trying to use the GMT portion is frustrating.  I set them on WWV
and when I finally set them when the minute breaks they are just not
reliable.  I want to get the correct minute for contests and DXpeditions.
After setting they can vary all over the place (up to a couple of minutes
plus or minus). The older two seem to get more off over time.

For contests n1mm stays on time but for regular operating I still hand log
and one DXpedition QSL handler chewed me out for being a full minute off.

I have two old Tymeter electric clocks and so long as the power stays on
they stay right on time.  I want to be able to switch to the MFJ clocks and
be accurate.  How do others set them so they stay right?

Tnx Dave K4JRB

.