[SEDXC] Setting those MFJ dual clocks

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Wed May 7 17:21:53 EDT 2014

That is weird Chas.  I have a single readout atomic by Sharp here bought at Sams club and it stays right on the money.  Maybe RS will swap out with you.  GL

From: Charles Pennington via SEDXC
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 3:24 PM
To: thompson at mindspring.com ; sedxc at contesting.com ; sedxc at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [SEDXC] Setting those MFJ dual clocks

I got one of the new dual MFJ clocks which receive the "Atomic Signals."  When I first got it, the UTC time corrected itself to the accurate WWV time within the first few hours after removing it from the box.  However, the "local" time took three days to correct itself to the National Bureau of Standards time.  Whew!   A few weeks later, I noticed that the local time was off from the UTC time by 2 seconds.  Now that was real aggravating, always wondering which time was correct on the dual display since they were out of sync with each other.  They were never off from each other by more than two seconds.  It makes me wonder why they get out of sync as both clocks are supposed to be in tune with the "time signals."

DE K4GK

Charles Pennington
chask4gk at aol.com