[SEDXC] (very) probable heart surgery for Tad, WF4W....

Tad Williamson tadwf4w at gmail.com
Sun May 11 19:49:34 EDT 2014

Good afternoon, my good friends.   I had my aortic valve replaced in 2009
and it appears to be misbehaving.
I've had some fatigue problems going on for a while but blamed them on a
combination of other problems.
Anyway I had a bought with congestive failure this past week and had
trouble breathing and had to sleep sitting up.  They have me on Lasix and I
am doing much better today and have a heart cath scheduled for Tuesday
morning so they can see what it looks like.
There is a slim possibility that there is some blockage causing the problem
and a stent will help, but I've not had problems with blockage like that
before.
If a stent took care of the problem, it would be a huge blessing!
But, the most likely scenario, is that they will crack me open and
re-replace the valve.
I'm not sure how quickly things will progress after the cath but If I am
able I will send updates.  If I cannot, my sister will have someone in the
club's email address and she will update him and they will update the group.

73, Tad, WF4W

--

"What a long, strange trip it's been"

The Grateful Dead