[SEDXC] FT4TA

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Oct 31 15:35:40 EDT 2014

Add to Daves input, they had a decent signal on 30 M RTTY last night but the pile was just too big for me with stations over a 15 khz of more range and no luck. I worked them on 15 RTTY at 17:45. The had over a 20 Khz wide spread of signals on 15 M and was lucky to spot one he worked in the pile and he slowly moved up the band.  They were S6 to 7 here SP. The weekend should be worse with people at home for the weekend.  See everyone at the Lawrenceville hamfest.  Cant they change the dates over to mid Oct when the wx is a little better?  It is gg to be raw tomorrow per the wx man.  73 Mike K4PI

From: David Thompson
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 2:21 PM
To: sedxc at contesting.com ; sedxc at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SEDXC] FT4TA

Last evening on 14185 they were only S4 on peaks and I listened 3 dirrerent
times.
On 18079 they were 339 to 439 and listening up 30.

ON 28485 they were S2 to maybe S6 on peaks.  Seems to hear good but I feel
you need a Beam at 50 or 60 feet to work them.  Its almost a replay of FT5ZM
with them kind skipping over to W7 at times.
Now on 28023 CW at 449 to 559 working W1 to 3. (1800Z).

Conditions ae decent with SF=140 K=5 and A=1 to 2.

I listened at 1200Z on 20 long path nut nothing.  Years ago they boomed in
via LP.
Gus Browning was S7 via LP on 20.

They are on 21.080 RTTY but I only hear a weak RTTY signal on SP.

Good luck.

73 Dave K4JRB