[SEDXC] NAQP SSB Saturday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Aug 28 22:54:35 EDT 2015

Hi Sean:  You can find complete rules on the WA7BNM contest calendar.
This is a 4-hour SSB Sprint Contest.  It runs 0000 to 0400Z Sunday,
meaning 8 to 12 PM Saturday night local.  It is on 20M, 40M, and 80M.
The exchange is: both calls, #, name, SPC.

For example, you call CQ and K4BAI calls you.

You respond K4BAI W4XXX #1 SEAN GA.  I come back W4XXX #1 JOHN GA K4BAI.

There is a 1/5 kHz QSY rule. That means that the station who calls CQ or
QRZ and works a station must QSY one kHz to call another station or 5
kHz to call CQ again.  So, I inherit the frequency. Since I gave my call
at the end of the exchange, others know I will inherit the frequency and
may call after I get the acknowledgement from you (thanks or roger or
something like that).  Since you gave your call at the first, you were
indicating that you were listening for my exchange and you would not be
staying on the frequency.

Activity will start on 20M and move down to 40 and then to 80.  It might
pay to go back to 20 to listen for multipliers you might have missed
earlier such as KH6 or KL7 or some western VEs and if the rate is slow
on 80, you might go back to 40 for some of the western mults.

Mults are states, Canadian provinces/areas as listed in the rules, and
North American countries outside US and Canada.  Stations outside NA and
Hawaii send only Name and do not count for multipliers.

We'd be glad to have you participate every time it is run if you can.
Let me know if you will be on the team (and tell me what your call
is!).  I will register the team before the Sprint starts.

Something a bit different from the usual contest where high power
stations with big antennas can sit on a frequency and run for hours.
They must QSY after a maximum of two QSOs.  73, John.