[SEDXC] DISTANT REMOTES

k4pi at bellsouth.net k4pi at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 28 15:51:00 EDT 2015

This is a response from K4AC our Div Rep and I can see why the rules on DXCC have become so lax now.. this is from K4AC as to why he will not support a 200 Km distance to remotes for DXCC.  So if it too hard we just keep the rules to make it as easy as possible.

The DXCC program belongs to all of the membership. As such, it is my

responsibility to consider the positions of all members. I heard very

different things from the hardcore DX community where the members are

in competition with each other  than I did from the rank and file

membership which includes Amateurs that have struggled or are

struggling to reach 100 confirmed and see it as a very personal

achievement. Amateurs located in CC&R restricted communities and

amateurs that have been forced to give up competitive stations due to

aging benefit immensely from the ability to operate using remotely

controlled stations”