[SEDXC] ARRL DX SSB Contest - SOAB LP Assisted - KT4ZB

Kt4zb--- via SEDXC sedxc at contesting.com
Mon Mar 9 12:14:31 EDT 2015

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Savannah
Operating Time (hrs): 31
Location: USA

Band QSOs Mults
160:   7    5
80:    0    0
40: 128 60
20: 336 88
15: 343 91
10: 445 95

Total: 1259 339 Total Score 1,280,403

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one is all about having fun. With the 160m feed point about 5 feet off
 the ground, nothing available for 80m and the 40m dipole at 30 feet above
the  ground at best, it was time to just have fun and pass out points. The
Friday  night JA opening was really good. And, the JA's on 15m were about as
loud as  I've ever heard here in southeast Georgia. Saturday was completely
different;  only a handful were heard.  Conditions overall seemed to be good
to very  good but not as good as last year.  But, I had a great time and
spent more  time on the air than I anticipated.

The DX was pretty good although the number of mults on each band were down
from the previous year. Still, managed to work South Cooks, Saudi Arabia,
Kenya,  Reunion (3 bands), Turkey, E Kiribati, Palau, Guam, Qatar, Egypt,
Kazakhstan and  finding Guernsey on 10m was nice.  Never got Alaska on 10 m so
you know the  sun was in a foul mood up that way. 40m was a pleasant
surprise considering my  antenna.

Anyway, a great radio weekend, my thanks to the contest committee and all
those who contacted me.  Looking forward to WPX with some new  antennas.

cu on the bands - Jere

Yaesu 1000MP Field, TH6-DXX, Dipoles, N1MM+