[SEDXC] K5P/VP8STI

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Mon Jan 18 13:00:47 EST 2016

The K5P Palmyra group for the most part have been weak here.  Normally that would be an easy shot for us.  They were on 15 M SSB via LP 85 deg yesterday with one of their better signals about S5.  I worked them on several bands but usually takes some work.  They were the loudest on 160 M 2 days ago.  Their 80 M signals have been weak.  About 7 more days for them.

I thought well VP8 should be an easy shot for us.. Wrong so far.  Heard this morning on 17 CW around 10-11 am local working mostly EU with some USA.  I thought well after lunch it will better ... after lunch on 17 I know they are there but cant copy at all.  Tried LP and SP.  On 15 cant hear them at all but they are in there. Unless things change this group will be a struggle also  Looking at the aerial maps it looks like there is a mountain between them and the USA so that may create problems for us.  EU seems to be having an easy time of it.  7 days to get them..  73 Mike K4PI