[SEDXC] A52 conditions

Dave Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 23 12:13:29 EDT 2016

  Gang,

Conditions to A52NH from Metro Atlanta was non existent.  A review of every spot on DX Summit showed the only NA stations able to work them were West Coast hams with beams on 30 meters CW.  No beam, no contact.  A W7 with a dipole and 200 watts said they were 549 on peaks but he never did get them.

Looks like it may be some time before we have openings to A52.  I remember working that area years ago on 20 meters Long path at about 1200Z.  For some reason long path to Asia is not as good as in the past. One problem is when JA's go they seem to be on when the bands are open to JA so even Europe have to struggle for QSOs.  A52NH seemed to be a better operation than in the ones past couple of years.

Good luck. My friend W5EW only needs 5 more including A52. He was off the air in 2000 for A52A and somehow missed the W0GJ family operations which were quite good here in the 2001 to 2005 time frame.

73 Dave K4JRB
DXAC SE Division ARRL
DXCC 378