[SEDXC] Forget Johnny Isakson

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Sep 13 23:59:36 EDT 2016

On 9/13/2016 11:05 PM, Lin Holcomb wrote:
> Dave,
> I disagree let him know you desire for this bill and let him know you
> will vote for Jim Barksdale if he does not support the bill.
> He is in a very tight race right for the first time since being
> elected to the Senate and just got a massive cash infusion from some
> PACs, but none the less poles have him less than 6% up. with a +/- 2%
> error.

Why bother at all?  ARRL have made the Amateur Radio Parity Act moot
by their support for unlimited bandwidth data signals in the "CW and
RTTY" bands as well as their proposals that would allow Technician
class licensees to run data modes including automated data stations
(WINLINK).

The rules as proposed by the FCC in response to ARRL's RM-11708
(WT 16-239) will eliminate any limit on symbol rates with no limit
on occupied bandwidth.  The traditional "CW/RTTY" sub-bands could
be overrun with 2.8 KHz (STANAG/MS-110 and PACTOR 4), or wider
(D-STAR, System Fusion) data/file transfers in a matter of months.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV