[SEDXC] Ultimate VHF amplifiers for sale

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Wed Jan 4 15:31:29 EST 2017

FROM W8ZN    .......................
Before these go to ebay I thought I would make these available here.

Our comrade, Owen - K3CB(SK) had a complete set of Henry VHF amps, 50 MHz
through 432 MHz. These were the 3000 series with 8877's on 50-222 and an
8938 on 432.
When Owen joined the K8GP operation in the late 90's, he and I custom racked
these to fit in the buses. They are on slide out rails and to remove them,
you remove the coax connections, HV and one Jones connector.
He and I replaced several of the cheap relays (open frame style) and set up
the power supplies with fuse links.

There are two racks, about 5 feet tall each. Right now 6 and 2 are in one
and 222 and 432 are in the other, although you could configure them any way.
Both amps in the rack run from a common HV supply. At K8GP, we ran two amps
from one supply for 12 years simultaneously with no issues.
Each amp has it's own dual Bird line section connected to a remote set of
rectangular meters in a 19" rack case. Each rack also has a local meter that
can be switched for tune up - VERY first class.

Each rack also has late model DEMI transverters built in and all but the 6m
unit is set up for PLL operation requiring a 10 MHz GPS/Rubidium source.
Each rack has a rack mount 50A Astron power supply to run the transverters.
To get the proper drive levels on 6m and 432, Owen installed TE Systems
bricks.
Each amp/transverter combo has separate PTT lines. All transverters use a
combined 28 MHz. drive level at up to 5w but can easily be modified for
split IF with low power drive.

Owen kept spare filter caps on hand since these were the only things that
ever went bad and these will go with the amps.

I prefer not to split them up but they could have the transverters removed
if you already have 50w class drive available. I will deliver them to within
300 miles of FM18DV

If interested, I can send pix and discuss price.

Terry Price
W8ZN - ex K8ISK/WD8ISK
1.8 MHZ - 47 GHz - FM18dv
Member of the K8GP Contest Group