[SEDXC] W4DXCC in Pigeon Forge

Paul Hansen pwhansen at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 19 17:37:20 EDT 2017

I’m heading to Pigeon Forge from Tucker sometimeThursday Morning in a 2000
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. If anybody would like to ride up, let me know
but I’m going anyway. The upside is you won’t have to pay for gas, you’ll
get to listen to all my stories and DX-ploits or you can listen to the 1485
Doo Wop songs stored on my cell phone. If you ask nicely, I might change to
some R&B or the Rolling Stones. The down side is you won’t have a car in
Pigeon Forge. I don’t go to Calhoun’s on Friday night for the overpriced
barbeque where we are spread all over the restaurant and can’t talk to
anyone other than the 3 folks that got seated with me. You’d have work that
out or tag along with a few of us to some Mexican or Steak place. Lunch on
Friday is another issue but I like to go to Mel’s Diner for a greasy burger.
Returning on Sunday but not in a big rush. The trip is around 4 ½ hours no
matter which way I go. I’m familiar with the scenic US441 route but might
look at I75 and I40. Route to be determined if anybody is crazy enough to
take me up on this.

Thank you,

Paul  Hansen, W6XA

2134 Carthage Road