[SEDXC] Remote Operating - who's doing it?

Michael Almeter mike.k4ld at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 20:36:14 EDT 2017

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Gosh it's been a while since I've posted on the reflector. Hope
everyone in the club is doing great!

   I'm curious who is operating their stations remotely or has the ability
to these days? I'm currently starting to kick off the project here in Las
Vegas while my primary station is 1800 miles away in GA.

    I'm primarily interested in how folks are accomplishing antenna tuning
and antenna switching at high power. Like most things in Ham Radio, this
project would certainly be done easier at 100 watts... but why not
over-build than under-build?

   I'd prefer a reply off the reflector, so I can gather and publish the
results if there's a lot of curiosity on the subject.

    In case anyone is interested, I'd be remote operating a Flex 6300 and
the amplifier would be an Alpha 87A.

    Thanks for the bandwidth.

Best Regards,
Michael Almeter