[SEDXC] W10 microsoft micro soft menu bar How to find and restore

Dave Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 17 14:38:36 EDT 2018

Hello gang,

I have a DELL XPS with W10.  Last month Foxfire did an upgrade and the menu bar at the top of each page disappeared along with my book marks which I recovered.  Last week Microsoft Edge did and update and the menu bar disappeared also.  I asked my son who says that is why he is on W7 and the wife's work are still on W7 just for that reason.  I went to Office Depot who offer to help and all their PC's use demo software and NONE have the menu bar.  The menu bar has file, edit etc and makes it easy through pull down menus to print, select, edit, and view without having to use the alt key (such as alt P for print.

I used the technique a friend on W8 used by going to the right end of the top line and right clicking on the line to get a pull down menu of items and click on the menu bar on but W10 does not have any mention of the menu tool bar line there.

Can somebody point me to how to get the menu bar back?  This needs to be at the top of every page to work with any Microsoft product.

Thanks.  73 Dave K4JRB