[SEDXC] K4JRB Update

Dave Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 26 18:43:04 EDT 2018

Hello Gang,

The update is the beams are assembled and awaiting Ryan to come and put them up.  I have new coax.  I finally got help from Wald N4PL to put together the old Tennedyne T-10.  This one is 13 to 30 MHz on a 24 foot dual boom but K9LA and AG5Z both find it works on 6. The Cushcraft 2 el 40 will need the one element removed from the boom to get it to the base of the tower.  Wald did point out that since I am only at 70 feet I may still have a problem rotating the 40 through the trees.

I am cancer free but having a problem with my back which limits my walking and I took rehab that got it back to 50% of normal but a recurrence of sciatica on New Years day put me back to square one but I do have my exercises that I can do plus new balance exercises but my primary Doctor is not certain this will let me walk long distances. I am able to mow the lawn.  Not sure when I can attend club meetings and hamfests. I did go to the QCWA meeting last fall OK.

I am still trying to learn the Icom 7300 (SDR in a box) so probably will use either the FT-950 or very old FT-980 to start. The FT-980 worked Z60A on 20 and 17 easily with a wire array.

73 Dave K4JRB