[SEDXC] 4 Element SteppIR owners

K4PI K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Thu Feb 28 19:16:43 EST 2019

HI Michael, I have the old style 4 element Steppir and a 9 ele 50 ft
boom 6 meter antenna on a Yaesu 2800.  It has worked flawlessly for many
years.  I think the G1000 should do the job if the wind load numbers are
not out of line between the 1000 and the Steppir.  I have been very
happy with the Yaesu.

One word of caution, if you are tightening the rotor clam shell, make
sure you read the manual.  They say to only tighten to the point where
the lock washers start for flatten out.   You can crack the shell if you
overtighten as we all do when trying to tighten up bolts on a rotator.

73 Mike K4PI