[SEDXC] FT8

Mike Greenway K4PI at Bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 3 14:04:48 EST 2019

Hi John, my email was in reference to FT8 only.  The JA are limited to
using FT8 in the 1907.5 to 1912 area only.  For CW they have been using
1800-1825 or so for some years.  If you have any interest in working JA
on FT8 you will need to transmit on 1840 and work split listening in the
range 1907.5 to 1912.  I usually tune 1908.  They are hampered by this
situation as most of Asia is allowed to use 1840 for FT8 so the JA most
work most of their DX by splitting to 1840.  I think there are Japanese
maritime stations in the range above 1825 and below 1900 if is illegal
for them to transmit in that area.

Some stations outside JA do have a transmit antennas that will work in
the 1900 range so you could move up there and transmit but in my
situation with an array it would be a major operation to change the
operating range of my transmit antenna, hence the split.  And with CW
you need to watch below 1825 for them.  I have worked them as high as
1824 so I think they are staying 1 Khz away from the limit.  73 Mike K4PI