[SEDXC] JTDX VERSUS WSJTX

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Jan 15 09:25:09 EST 2019

I found that with my K3 using USB for the audio I can run both WSJTX and JTDX for receiving at the same time.  Both latest revisions. Making comparisons of decodes by sizing the decode screens the same, JTDX , over 95% had 1 to 4 more decodes.  Not false decodes either.  Over the past years I have made comparisons using two different computers and again there JTDX always won out.  Just to make sure there was no favoritism I would swap the programs between the two computers.

I first noticed this several years ago before FT8 running JT65 on both programs.

Just passing these observations along and you can be your own judge but JTDX has other advantages that are making it my primary decoder on digital.  JTDX does have Fox/Hound also.  If someone see a fallacy in my eval let me know.  73 Mike K4PI