[SEDXC] DEAD BANDS?

Clark Macaulay clark.macaulay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:25:49 EST 2019

RR from a Little Pistol here.

In my limited operating time, I managed to get 105 Q's from all
continents.  There was no shortage of stations I could hear and work with
my 100w.

I think the complaints about band conditions is due, in part, to lack of
activity during the week nowadays when you could seemingly get on at any
time and snag a new one. The contests really bring people out, don't they?
Great fun!!

A Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to all from our family to yours!

Clark, WU4B

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 6:17 PM K4PI <K4PI at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I keep hearing people saying the bands are dead and nothing is on.  I
> operated for 28 of the 48 hours allowed in the CQ WW CW test this
> weekend  Single operator Assisted by packet and I think they proved to
> be far from dead.
>
>   Band     QSOs     Pts  ZN  Countries   Pt/Q
>     1.8          66     163   13      44           2.5
>     3.5         147    405  24      92           2.8
>       7         160     445   30     103         2.8
>      14         481    1301   34    130          2.7
>      21         146    404   23     79           2.8
>      28          20      55    7      14           2.8
>   Total    1020    2773  131   462          2.7
> Score: 1,644,389
> 1 Mult = 1.7 Q's

Clark, WU4B
QRPARCI #10815
SKCC #3892
NAQCC #5055
CWOPS #1869
Collins Collectors #AC90-12432
Southeastern DX Club <http://www.sedxc.org>
North Georgia QRP Club <http://www.nogaqrp.org>

*"It is vain to do with more what can be done with less."*
*Attributed to *William of Occam (1288 AD - 1348 AD)