[SEDXC] ANOTHER MONGOLIA 160 WAZ

K4PI K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Jan 24 16:16:37 EST 2020

Today another one of our club members, Tim, N3XX, received his JT1CO QSL
via mail for a CW QSO in early December he made from his Mc Donough GA
QTH to complete WAZ on 160 Meters.  I mention a persons operating
location as some people use distant remotes to work DX which makes WAZ
and DXCC not so much of a challenge to complete when you can use
stations thousands of miles from your home area.  Completing any award
from your general QTH area is always a great challenge and gratifying to
complete.

That is two members in 2 days to complete 160 Meter WAZ which is
unusual.  Both Val and Tim have been working for years  to complete this
quest so with good DX conditions like we are having on the low bands
right now that helped bring things to fruition. This is an award that
takes a lot of work and lost sleep to complete.