[SEDXC] TZ1CE chasing out of band

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Wed Nov 25 10:31:21 EST 2020

I have a day off so I’m doing some stuff in the shack and watching some spots. I noticed that TX1CE is in FT8 Fox/Hound mode on 18.110. This is 10 kHz higher than the most common FT8 frequency.

It’s also out of band for the USA. Digital modes stop at 18.110, so any transmissions on FT8 are going to be above that frequency when the dial is so set.

And, yet, folks from the USA are working him anyway….

Not me. No DX is worth losing my license.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901