[SEDXC] 17 M DX

K4PI K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sun Sep 20 11:44:38 EDT 2020

With the fall equinox approaching the bands are starting to improve
going toward their winter peak.  On 17 M this morning, using FT8 I was
decoding at times over 70 decodes per sequence with 77 several times
being the top number that I saw.  That is more than I have seen on 20
M.  Over 98% of the decoded were DX stations.  I had not worked OY
before on 17 FT8 but worked 2 of them this morning.  Noise on the lower
bands starting to subside and as the days get shorter the low bands will
improve greatly. 5Z4VJ was up on 15.  We are still way down the curve of
the solar cycle but at least things will improve over what we had this
past summer.  73 Mike K4PI