[SESprint] Re: [SESprint]

Bill Fisher, W4AN sesprint@contesting.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:50:44 -0400 (EDT)

I assume you are using NA ?

If so, what you described is how I used to do it.  It is also why I
switched to TRLog.  With this scenario, you just have to remember to hit
F2 when it is your frequency and F3 when it is not.  My memories looked
something like this:

F2:  -#+ BILL GA W4AN

and

F3:  -#+ +W4AN- BILL GA

The slower number cuts down on repeats which more than makes up for the
slower speed which it is sent over the course of the contest.  Note that
I had the least number of people busting the report I sent out of anyone
in the top-10 the last Sprint.

I don't send my callsign fast when it is my frequency because I want
everyone to be able to copy it.  I send it fast when it isn't my
frequency, because the guy I'm working already knows who I am.

N6RT is the only guy I know in the top-10 that is using NA.  He uses two
computers networked together with some kind of lockout system between the
two rigs.

The most ackward thing about NA is when you start doing two radios in the
Sprint, which I don't suggest unless you are already make 340 to 350 QSOs
with one radio.

73

Bill