[SESprint] NA Sprint CW AA4LR LP

Pete Smith sesprint@contesting.com
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 07:19:04 -0400

At 03:32 AM 9/9/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Bill, I had the same problem here; I am sending at 24 WPM and guys come back
>with 40 and before I can even ask for a fill they are working someone
>else... automatic not in log.. the main reason why I don't care much for the
>contest!

I heard a bunch of situations that could have turned into this situation,
but didn't because the station that needed the fill hung in and re-asked
his question after the new caller dumped his call-sign.  Another thing that
seems to help is to avoid sending your query starting with a dash, because
T or TU means everything's OK.  So "?NR?" or "?NAME?" works a lot better
than "NR?" or "NAME?"  Otherwise  you can just wait for the guy you just
worked to send the missing element during his next exchange....

73, Pete N4ZR