[SESprint] N4AO (WC4E) CW SPRINT

Jeff WC4E sesprint@contesting.com
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 12:54:32 -0400

NA Sprint CW Contest
Call: N4AO
Operator(s): WC4E
Station: WC4E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   66
   40:  105
   20:  123
---------------------

Team: S. States Sprint Coalition #3

Comments:
 Another finish just south of 300. Amp died just minutes before the start.
Had to scramble to get the other amp in place. (Yet another victim of last
months' lightning hit) In the scramble I tested the A3 at 50'. So much for
being calm at the start. Operated first 90 mins unknowingly using the A3
(Pointed NNE!!) No wonder I got beat so often to the west coast! (And
everywhere else for that matter). FMS!

Misc random notes..

Interesting flutter on 20. Even more interesting flutter on 40!

Only felt like was in "the zone" for about 20 min on 40M. Rest of the time
was a struggle.

For me, NA 10.57 liked to switch to SSB randomly, the MP stayed on cw.
Rendered CW useless for 15 seconds (eternity!) I also re-program the F-keys
to get the exchange correct.

Amazing how many SSSC members I never heard or worked, K4XS, NJ4M, KT3Y!,
WQ5L plus others.

Thanks to W4AN and N2NL for organizing the teams, well done!

See you next week.

73
Jeff
WC4E/N4AO