[SESprint] SECC NAQP Team Update

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 10 10:41:48 EST 2005

Sorry to say I didn't see the posting on 80 and 160 meter skeds until
after the contest.  Think I missed Ky on 160 although I was on 160 at
04Z, but didn't know to be on 1810.  I could not have made the 3510 sked
due to it being too low in frequency for me.  I am frequency challenged
on 80, 40, 20 and 15 and cannot go below 025.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  I tried to post a report to the SECC reflector
last night from home, but forgot that I have to use my wife's e-mail
address from there, and it didn't go through since she is not subscribed
to the reflector.

For information of the team members, my claimed score is 769 x 216 =
166,104.  SECC#1.  10 hours.  SO2R.  Less than my SO1R score from 2004
of 191,400.  Were conditions all that much worse, participation down
(since there were so many who lost antennas to snow, ice, wind, rain,
etc.?), or is SO2R just too much of a distraction?  I know it hurt my
QSYing some.  You would think it would help QSYing, but that is the case
only if you have two really good sets of antennas for each band, and I
don't.  I made over 190 QSOs on the second station.

73,

John, K4BAI.