[SESprint] NA Sprint CW K4RO HP

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro at k4ro.net
Sun Sep 7 01:48:32 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  123       6
   40:  111      20
   20:   86      21
---------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition #1

Great fun to be back on for a NCJ Sprint contest. I spent February watching W4PA
operate from here. While that was very informative, it was a lot more fun
operating the contest myself this time. :-) I definitely learned a lot from
watching Scott, and I tried once again to get a handle on the second radio in
this game.

Thanks to N2IC for the N1MM Logger tips and help with some function keys. The
program worked fine, with the exception of occasional random call signs getting
truncated (on CW) during the exchange. My apologies for those clumsy recovery
moments. This was the first time two that radios started to really make sense
to me in a Sprint, and I probably had a personal record number of band changes.

Some folks are still not getting the exchange right. It's required to send both
call signs during each exchange. It was good to hear some new call signs on the
air, and I tried to slow down when called by a QRS station.

Many thanks to NCJ for sponsoring this great contest, and to N6TR for the log
checking. Thanks also to the NCCC for hosting the Thursday night sprints and
the contest practice runs. Besides being a lot of fun, they have really helped
my Sprinting skills a lot, not to mention a great debugging exercise. See you
on Thursday nights!

Thanks to KU8E for assembling the Southeast Sprint Coalition teams.

73

-Kirk  K4RO