[SESprint] NA Sprint CW W4AU HP

John Unger w4au at verizon.net
Sun Feb 7 06:50:59 PST 2010

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: W4AU
Operator(s): W4AU
Station: W4AU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

    80:   95     1.5
    40:   87     1.5
    20:   44     1.0
---------------------

It was nice to work a bunch of SSC team mates last night. I know I worked
KU8E on 3 bands, 20 with difficulty, and probably some others that I don't
remember.

The ice or snow or something has done a job on my KT-34A beam. Even though
I was running high power, I felt like a QRP station on 20 last night and
much have sounded like one, too. It was a lot better on 40 and super on 80,
which is the norm for me.

I wish that I were really part of the "Southeast" Sprint Coalition. We have
about 36" of snow here with more in drifts. Too much for my snow blower to
handle so it's out with the shovel! I did keep the driveway clear by snow
blowing 3 separate times during the storm, though.

Thanks for all the Q's!

73 - John, W4AU