[SESprint] K4BAI Fox Announcement for Thursday Night 80M Fox Hunt

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Nov 11 10:22:39 EST 2015

Hello all:
Rick, NK9G in WI and I will be the QRP Foxes on 80M Thursday night
(Friday UTC date).  These run 0100Z to 0230Z when we are on Standard
time as we are now.  On 80M, the foxes will be between 3550 and 3570
kHz.  You must run 5W or less to participate and you may not spot the
foxes frequencies.  The exchange is RST, SPC, Name, Power, so I will be
sending real RST, GA, JOHN, 5W.  I will start out split listening "UP."
When the pileup goes down, I will start listening simplex and will stop
sending "UP."

My station for this run will be a FT1000MP running 5W as measured by a
WM-2 wattmeter and I will be switching between an 80M inverted vee
dipole that seems to favor the west and an 88' center fed zepp that
seems to favor the north and north east.  I will periodically switch
between these antennas trying to work all callers.

Please join in these fun events when you can. They are always 9 to 10:30
PM local Eastern time and are run on Tuesdays on 40 and Thursdays on 80
during the fall/summer/spring season and on 20M during the summers.

Logs are posted to the QRP Fox Hunt reflector and records are kept by
WC7S and results are posted on the QRP Fox Hunt Home Page.

73/72 to all.  John, K4BAI.