[SESprint] Teams for North American QSO Parties in January and February

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Dec 21 14:25:10 EST 2018

Hello all:

South East Contest Club will enter teams in the North American QSO
Parties in January and February.  Three QSO parties will take place, one
on CW, one on SSB, and one on RTTY.  These parties run 12 hours (of
which single ops can operate only 10).  They start on Saturday
afternoon.  The exchange is simply name and date.  The mults (state,
provinces, and North American countries) count per band, so there is an
incentive to operate all open bands.  Power is limited to 100W so there
is not a tremendous advantage to stations who could run more power.
Bands are 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters.

Teams are from two to five members.  Team members do not need to be
members of SECC or to live and operate within any geographical area.
So, invite  your friends who do not have their own contest clubs with
teams in the events to join us.

The dates are:

CW:  January 12-13, 2019
SSB: January 19-20, 2019
RTTY:  February 23-24, 2019.

I will be on Bonaire for a week (for ARRL DX CW) just prior to the RTTY
event, so if someone else would like to enter the teams for that event,
please let me know.  If not, I will be able to do it, since I expect to
have internet access.

I will be participating on CW and SSB, and welcome any other team
members for any of the three modes.  Please let me know ASAP if you'd
like to be on a team, which mode(s),  about how much time you may be
able to operate, and if you will be running QRP by chance. I plan to get
out some suggestions as to strategy before the CW and SSB events.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

73, John, K4BAI.