[SESprint] Announcement; Hamcation QSO Party This Week End

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Feb 8 22:07:07 EST 2021

Hi guys -

As you may have heard, the Florida Contest Group and Orlando HamCation
are sponsoring this on the air event this Saturday. I'd appreciate if it
you could circulate this among your clubs.  We hope to catch you on the
air on Saturday!

73  -  Jim   K8MR/4

Once again COVID-19 has led to cancellation of a major hamfest, the
Orlando HamCation, which would have been this weekend.  In its in-person
place, HamCation will be running various virtual events, including the
on-the-air HamCation QSO Party.

This will be a casual event (i.e. no logs required, etc.) running from
1500Z Saturday to 0300Z Sunday. Exchange Name, QTH, and the expected
high temperature at your QTH. (Sorry, we folks in Florida like to rub it
in about our weather, at least until the hurricanes come!)

Everybody can work everybody - it's not limited to Florida QSOs.

Full rules and FAQs are available at HamCation QSO Party
<https://www.hamcation.com/special-event-station>

If you're not a RTTY contester doing the CQ WW RTTY WPX contest, there
aren't many other events this weekend. We hope you'll stop by and join
in the fun!

73  -  Jim    K8MR/4

For HamCation and the Florida Contest Group