[Skimmertalk] Scanning-feature request

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 16 14:47:10 EST 2008

Not sure if this is an appropriate vehicle for such stuff, but here goes
anyway!

I checked the scanning feature on my IC756PRO3, but of course, even on
its SLOW speed, it's way to fast to be of value for Skimmer. This is for
those of us stuck- for the moment- in 3kHz bandwidth.

Skimmer already has the possibility to move up or down the band via
mouse clicks or hot keys, although sadly the latter conflict with those
of my logger viz N1MM. It seems to me that it would be a logical
extension for Skimmer to scan a selected band in 3Kz segments and output
to the logger's bandmap to provide a quasi continuous spectrum of a
segment. Clearly this is not absolutely in real time, but beggars seldom
get to be choosers. I imagine that for a busy contest that ca. 10
seconds dwell per 3kHz segment would work, thus scanning 14Mhz say in
about 3 minutes

You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're
looking for!

73

Clive
GW3NJW