[Skimmertalk] RigSync

Edward Russell ehr at qrv.com
Sun Nov 30 15:52:14 EST 2008

Using RigSync with WriteLog you can:

See callsigns in Skimmer color coded by automatically looking them up in the
WriteLog log (worked, worked this band, new, etc.)

Have Skimmer spots displayed in the WriteLog spot list
Have Skimmer spots displayed on the WriteLog bandmap

Click-tune Skimmer from the WriteLog bandmap or spotlist
Click-tune WriteLog from the Skimmer bandmap or callsign list

(There are also a number of synchronization features if you have multiple
radios.)

There is no help file yet. Briefly:

In Skimmer you need to set the telnet server to "Allow SKIMMER commands",
and on the Calls tab set "Callsign Colors Reflect" to "Status in Logger".

In the RigSync OPTIONS dialog on the Skim tab check "Skim to" for the
WriteLog Bandmap and Spot List. Set "Click Tune Callsign to" the Entry
window you are using in WriteLog, probably Rig 1.

If you don't have RigSync you can download it from

http://www.ehr.net/w2rf/download/rigsync0100.msi

It works with both XP and Vista.

Please email me with any questions and I will try to help.

73 Ed W2RF