[Skimmertalk] 160M Skimmer Observations

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sat Dec 19 13:18:36 PST 2009

K4TD wrote:

 > I was listening to some EU stations on 160
and noticed that I could quite easily copy them on my K3 but that CW Skimmer
wasn't spotting them even though both the K3 and SDR-IQ receivers were using
the same RX antenna system.

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2008-05/msg00357.html

         I like Skimmer's waterfall implementation and especially the
Up and Down arrows to jump to decoding dots.  Since my post above was
written Alex implemented Blind Mode for those of us who enter
Unassisted.  However I still see the same problem Rick noted above,
but it doesn't matter in Blind Mode.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV