[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer v1.5 and Super Check Partial Filtering

W3OA w3oa at roadrunner.com
Fri Feb 5 03:57:50 PST 2010

Is there any further information on this subject?

Should we drop back to version 1.4 for the ARRL DX contest two weeks from now?

73 - Dick, W3OA

/>/ Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:08 PM
/>/ To: 'skimmertalk at ... <http://dayton.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/skimmertalk>'
/>/ Subject: CW Skimmer v1.5 and Super Check Partial Filtering
/>/
/>/ I have upgraded my installation from v1.4 to v1.5,
/>/ and see a difference in how it's filtering spotted
/>/ calls.
/>/
/>/ I am configured to use MASTERDX.DTA and set to
/>/ "Paranoid" Callsign Validation.
/>/
/>/ With v1.4, only DX callsigns were passed. With v1.5,
/>/ I am seeing US and Canadian callsigns make it through
/>/ the filter.
/>/
/>/ Has anyone else noted this? Explanation?
/>/
/>/ 73, Jeff K8ND
/
I've had this problem confirmed by another CW Skimmer user,
and Alex is looking into it.

I've dropped back to Skimmer version 1.4 to allow properly
filtering DX.

73,  Jeff  K8ND