[Skimmertalk] Question about posting to the DXWatch RBN using 'agreggator'

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Dec 6 19:10:26 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 5:53 AM, KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz at denstarfarm.us> wrote:

> Also, It seems that when I was using my FT950, that I could upload
> skimmer data .. and that was 3kc mode.

When CW Skimmer is operating in 3 kHz (audio) mode, go to the CAT tab in
the CW Skimmer Settings dialog, and configure the correct serial port to
talk to your FT950, via OmniRig.  Then the frequency offset posted in spots
will be added to the VFO A frequency, and the spot frequencies will be
approximately correct (depending on the calibration of your FT950).

Of course, any other software that is communicating with the radio via the
COM port at the same time must also be configured to use OmniRig, or else
you must find another method to share a single radio between multiple
virtual COM ports, such as a microHAM box or com0com software).

73,
Bob, N6TV