[Skimmertalk] Aggregator Security 4.1 ?

ko7ss at yahoo.com ko7ss at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 15:43:07 EDT 2015

This question is submitted to the group because I don't know much about computers
and internet stuff.

Last night at 0300 local I got a Verizon text that I had hit 70% of my monthly data.
Sure enough, on MYVERIZON, 3.7 GB had been used in a 3 hour period.

The home setup is a Verizon Router, hidden SSID, WPA-2 password protected. A Google
Chromebox is ethernet connected to the router. It would have been in sleep mode.

Only 3 MAC address devices are allowed to connect to the router, a Google Chromebook
and a laptop, both were OFF at the time.

The third device is the "skimmer-PC" which is on and connected 24/7 (of course!)
This PC is only 8 months old, only used for the skimmer, the only websites it has
been to are yahoo mail and RBN. The firewall is off, I think that was in the RBN
install instructions, and it doesn't have any virus software since it doesn't get
used to "surf" the net, the Chrome devices do that.

Any advice? We don't use the internet much and don't want to burn up my 20GB Verizon
data plan !!

Thanks, Bill KO7SS