[Skimmertalk] Communication CW Skimmer <=> FT2000 - help needed

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Feb 6 15:22:00 EST 2015

I've been encouraging Bob KD7YZ to use his SDR-IQstandalone, because he
is interested in contributing to the RBN.  The IF connection is limited
(in software, I believe) to just 24 KHz.  The pileups seem to be
tapering down some on K1N, so maybe 24 KHz is plenty for that purpose.

I've said this before, but ... it would be interesting to see what would
happen if a DXpedition used CW Skimmer technology to the fullest.  Each
calling station would call just enough to get on the Skimmer bandmap,
and then shut up and listen. The DXpedition operator would click up or
down the list of calls, ripping off 4-5 QSOs per minute.

Of course then nobody would get the thrill of calling out of turn...

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.