[Skimmertalk] red pitaya noisy

Richard Everitt g4zfe at g4zfe.com
Tue Aug 2 17:29:30 EDT 2016

Hello Tim,

My background is also Software (UNIX, Oracle, Telco billing systems) but
not so hands on these days. The RP is a great SDR in my book for the
cost. I was waiting for the new QS1R but that has gone quiet.

The SDR software was written by Pavel Demin who has done an amazing job.
He has a component list documented below:

http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya-notes/components/

I am using:

Red Pitaya with JP1 mod described by K1TTT
Red Pitaya case
5v Fan on top of the case
SMA to BNC for input
SMA 50 ohm load on other input and outputs
Cross Country Wireless Active Antenna (Clifton Labs Active Antenna is a
more popular choice)
CT1FFU pre-amplifier (+12 dB) (Clifton Labs pre-amp is a more popular
choice)
RX protector/limiter from S59MA

The RP input is 1M ohm and I haven't made any effort to match this to my
antenna which is probably not a good idea and I hope that someone will
share some ideas on how to correct this.

It would be great to see a Skimmer in A4.

73 de Rich, G4ZFE/9M2CNC