[Skimmertalk] Audio IF Setting Question

Paul Ecker eckerpw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:04:49 EDT 2016

Hoping this is the correct forum to ask this question. if not maybe you can
point me to another Group.
 I have a question concerning CW Skimmer - Audio IF, Hz  setup.
-My setup is a K3, microHam DK II interface and Win 10 PC.
- I route the K3 IF output first to a P3 and then take the IF Output from
the P3 to an LP-Pan2,  then the audio output of the LP-Pan2 to an Asus
Xonar U7 sound card. In CW Skimmer - Audio Setting - Signal I/O Device, is
the Line output from the U7 sound card.
- My question concerns getting the CW Skimmer waterfall trace to align with
the dial freq on the K3. It seems each time I start up CW Skimmer, I have
to readjust the CW Skimmer Audio IF, Hz setting to get the trace to agree
with the K3 dial freq.
- Right now copying the ARRL 40M code broadcast (7.047.47 on K3) the
setting is -4200hz. There have been times on 40M that I have had the
setting at -5400Hz to get the waterfall trace to agree with the K3. Is this
normal or am I doing something incorrect ?
- I have also noticed that if I click on the decoder circle in the Skimmer
bandmap to get the decoded signal in the decoding panel, it moves the K3
slightly off where I have  zero beated the signal using the  the K3 "Spot"
function.
- Wonder if someone can educate me as to what is going on here and if
resetting the Audio IF regularly is normal?

73 Paul
kc2nyu