[Skimmertalk] Location for Contest.ini file

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 31 17:17:19 EST 2016

>From an old private email from VE3NEA:

"On the versions of Windows before Vista, RttySkimServer loads its ini file
from its installation folder, which is by default under C:\Program
Files\Afreet\. On the later versions of Windows, the RttySkimServer.ini is
loaded from  %appdata%\Afreet\Products\RttySkimServ\.

The Contests.ini file is located in %appdata%\Afreet\Products\RttySkimServ
on all versions of Windows."

%appdata% is a Windows environment variable that you can specify in Windows
Explorer, a File Open dialog, or a Windows Command Prompt.  It
automatically expands to the correct folder, based on your login ID, e.g.
on Windows 7, %appdata% is equivalent to:

C:\Users\*userid*\AppData\Roaming

My .INI files are attached, but set for 48 kHz limited use because of my
slow CPU (and it's Windows XP).

73,
Bob, N6TV