[Skimmertalk] CwSkimmer 1.8 problems (solved)

Mark n2qt n2qt.va at gmail.com
Sat May 14 20:30:13 EDT 2016

Thanks for the suggestions. I've learned several things in this experience, but anyway:

It looks like I had a memory leak, one that is not reflected in the displayed memory usage
by application in resource monitor.

Just to recap, I installed a video board instead of the on board one. Freed up memory so
it took longer to fail, but still did fail.  So pulled the Quartet sound card (the one with the
beta drivers).  Found that the default Microsoft audio drivers would still allow the onboard
audio interface to run at 24 bit 96 khz, (the onboard Adi 1984 is not supported by Dell
or Adi for Windows 10).

Ran the on board audio and cw skimmer all day, sitting at 22% memory utilization.

Only down side is a slight drop off in sensitivity at the edges.  Even had a short opening
on 6 to,produce some spots.

Mark. N2QT